I love random, obscure holidays – any excuse to celebrate! And Friday, March 23 is National Chips & Dip day. And I plan on taking full advantage and eating chips and salsa, guacamole and queso! Mmmmmm queso.
And in the theme of dips, I thought I’d share a quick and easy recipe for a yummy dessert dip – Confetti Cake Batter Dip. I’ve made this a few times and everyone raves about it. I even had a friend bogart the serving dish and eat spoonful after spoonful alone in a dark corner. Okay, that didn’t really happen. But she did take it off to a table and chow down by herself for a full ten minutes. So yeah, it’s pretty good. But only if you like cream cheese.
The best part is it’s super easy to make. It takes about 7 minutes (not including the time it takes to get the cream cheese soft or clean up). Everyone has less than 10 minutes to make a delicious treat for their friends, family and/or coworkers!
- 1/2 C (1 Stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 C Funfetti cake mix
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 1 TBSP sprinkles*
- Melt butter and set aside to cool
- Cut the cream cheese into small chunks and mix with cake mix and powdered sugar with an electric mixer
- Add the vanilla and slowly pour in the melted butter, mix for an additional 2 minutes
- Stir in extra sprinkles
- Serve or refrigerate